Tuesday, February 4, 2014

SAND STORMS

White-out at Home, Sandstorms in the Desert.

   You gotta hand it to us. We come to the desert and it's raining. Yep, raining. In fact raining every night. Then, because the maelstrom of showers in one of the driest places on the planet is not enough, today there was a real live Sandstorm. Lawrence of Arabia stuff. Little sand drift in the room, marvelous pool filled with sand and I suspect we will be pouring sand out of our clothes for the foreseeable future.
    No luck in uploading pictures. Sorry, perhaps it will be better at our next stop--Barcelona, Spain. We leave here at 4:30 a.m. (up several hours earlier) for an early flight.  I must admit, this was my mistake--Karen is not a morning person so most of our flights leave at mid-day. Then, to make matters a bit worse, I seem to have come down with a bug of some type.  Hopefully I'll be able to eat more tomorrow, because since late yesterday it's been a bit of a struggle.
    This is, of course, wildly ironic. We spend 12 days in a third world country, and as soon as I get to a first world + country I come down with something. Maybe I was just meant to travel to the most remote places on the planet and skip the luxury resorts?
     P.S. Really glad I was out of the country for the Super Dooper Pooper Scooper Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment